Home

Friday, March 30, 2012

Hopsin

This kid from L.A. has become a YouTube sensation out of necessity and I'm in. I've been waiting years for someone else like this.


What I mean by that is Hopsin reminds me SO MUCH of early Eminem. Watch Sag My Pants and tell me it doesn't remind you of Real Slim Shady and before. He openly challenges anyone in the game, has pent up anger, a maniacal side, feels slighted for not being acknowledged, the alliteration, and on and on.

He originally was signed to Ruthless Records, Easy-E's label and had beef with his wife not marketing his album, so he started his own label called Funk Volume, apparently turning down an offer from Tech N9ne and Strange Music in the process. It's too bad with him seeming to be a perfect fit but he's managing fine on his own. I'll have a review of his album Raw up soon and he's got another album, Knock Madness, coming in the fall. For now, I'll leave a couple of his YouTube hits to give you a taste:

Sag My Pants (Download)


Ill Mind of Hopsin 4 (Download)


Ill Mind of Hopsin 3 (Download)


He does also have a mixtape out called Haywire with his homie SwizZz but I'm not a fan of him so I can't get into it. Again, it's a lot like when Em was associated with D12 a lot in the beginning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger